Digital marketing is advertising of products or services using different digital technologies. This includes marketing using internet and electronic devices.
Digital marketing and social media has changed the way companies make use of technology for marketing. In the same way technology advances so does the way people brows for products and services. Customers make use of search engines and social media platforms instead of visiting physical shops. Digital marketing campaigns are becoming more prevalent and efficient.
Digital marketing methods include: search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), content marketing, marketing automation, campaign marketing, social media marketing, social media optimization, e-mail marketing and display advertising.
- Engagement: One of the main objective of internet marketing is to enable businesses to engage with customers and potential leads using digital marketing much faster.
- Access to information: Information is easy to access on the different digital platforms and most clients has decided about a product or a brand before entering a physical store.
- Influence the Decision makers: Digital mediums such as internet, Facebook, Google my Business and other platforms can influence the buyers decisions instantly and influence relevant parties.
- Get in Touch with HOT Leads: Digital mediums lack face to face communication but customers have to be reached and influenced while they are in the decision making stage, also known as a hot lead.
- Create conversations: This allows customers the opportunity to create conversation, ask questions about the brand and get familiar with it which traditional Marketing may not offer.
The advantage of using Digital Marketing
By using different platforms, businesses can retarget customers in advance techniques. Many companies use social media Marketing as one of it’s main tool to create a channel of information. Through Digital Marketing mediums businesses can now create a system in which they are able to get informative information about behavioral patterns of clients and feedback on their needs. Creating social media pages will further increase relationship building with new consumers and existing consumers as well as consistent brand awareness therefore resulting in a positive rise for consumers up the Brand Awareness Pyramid. Although there may be inconstancy with product images; Consistent interaction is very important to maintaining a successful social media presence. The main aim is to create a two way feed of information. Digital Marketing can result in lower Marketing expenditure in relation to traditional means of marketing; Lowered external service costs, advertising costs, promotion costs, processing costs, interface design costs and control costs.